Final Anime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Final Fantasy:Advent Children

4 posters

Go down

Final Fantasy:Advent Children Empty Final Fantasy:Advent Children

Post by Mister Nice Thu 04 Oct 2007, 2:26 am

Well? Anyone seen it yet? Anyone?

Final Fantasy is my favorite game of all time, and I am hoping they will do another version for this generation of consoles, but in the mean time at least I have this movie to tide me over. The animation is stellar (3D CGI style) and really brings the characters to life. Seeing Cloud and Tifa and the rest of the gang is like seeing old friends again.

However... (Mild Spoiler Alert)

The story isn't up to par with the game. See, after the events of the game, the planet has cursed the children with what is being called 'Geostigma', which as far as I can tell, is basically magic acne. Cloud is out to find a way to stop the Geostigma before Barrett's daughter becomes a victim, which would ruin her perfect complexion and force her to move to a place where everyone isn't incredibly beautiful, with long flowing hair and shapely figures.

And those are just the men.

Then three guys show up, looking like Sephiroth wannabees, and start fighting Cloud. Everyone pulls out impossibly long swords, which they use to bash each other with while riding motorcycles backwards. (Is this supposed to make me feel inadequate? Hold on a moment while I get my sword and motorcycle...)

And, to complicate matters, the script from Final Fantasy: the Spirits Within arrives and hijacks the movie for the next fifty minutes.

If anyone can explain what happened to me, well, you're a better one than I.

It all just serves to allow for the main event to occur: the return of Sephiroth. From that point on, this movie was great! I guess it just goes to show, a great character can overcome pretty much anything. He and Cloud fight, and then Sephiroth is gone again, never to return until Sony decides they want another $50 US from Mister Nice.

In short, Advent Children = blah, blah, blah, FREAKING SEPHIROTH IS BACK, okay maybe not, the end.

So, if you saw it, thoughts?
Mister Nice
Mister Nice
Acolyte
Acolyte

Male
Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2007-09-29

http://www.fourdayweekend.com

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy:Advent Children Empty Re: Final Fantasy:Advent Children

Post by Melinda Thu 04 Oct 2007, 6:01 am

i have this move and love it

i think the three silver haired guys (cant remember all their names at the moment) are sephiroth clones, remember the game?

they have the jenova gene so that sephiroth can come back through them that's why they are chasing cloud and calling him brother because he had the jenova gene implanted in him after he got captured along with Zack (secret video, disc 2, when you go to the basement in niebelam (sp?)) but where cloud was born a normal person and had the gene implanted when he was in his late teens the three sephiroth wannabes from the movie where genetically implanted with the gene when they were just eggs basically

that what i got from a combination of the Internet and what i got from the movie and game themselves

and i could be completely wrong lol

I'm a final fantasy nut the only one i haven't played is 11 as i don't believe in paying subscription after I've payed £40 for the game + £20 for the expansion packs +my own Internet connection

i haven't finished 12 yet but I'm finding that one very slow and hard to get into

it so sad how final fantasy games have gone down hill they were by far the best games ever in my opinion and there really isn't anything that can replace them

7 was the best game ever! lol

there is a remake for the PS3
heres a trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thsnDqQu0mQ
pitty theres no gameplay footage

if anyone finds one please post it id love to see
Melinda
Melinda
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2007-06-27

https://final-anime.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Krumm Thu 04 Oct 2007, 8:55 am

That was just a tech demo to show off the PS3's graphical power.

Now, as for the geostigma:
When a person, animal, plant, whatever, (any living thing) dies, their spiritual energy is returned to the planet, and then used to make new life. (This is why mining Mako kills the planet)
This is true even for Sephiroth, except that Sephiroth is both powerful and twisted enough to maintain control after death. Even after his will was assaulted by the combined might of Holy and the Lifestream, he was able to corrupt the young people who absorbed his assimilated energy (I'm assuming that they were still gaining energy because they hadn't matured, or just that they were young and therefore more vulnerable).
Therefore, Geostigma isn't just a magical acne (nice analogy, by the way), but a new attempt by Sephiroth toextend his power.
Krumm
Krumm
Neophyte
Neophyte

Male
Number of posts : 66
Location : The dark reccesses of my mind. And I found a peanut
Registration date : 2007-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Melinda Fri 05 Oct 2007, 9:34 am

so they arnt making the game?

i read somewhere that they were and my sister-in-law said she read the same thing somewhere
Melinda
Melinda
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Mister Nice Fri 05 Oct 2007, 10:11 am

thanks for the info, guys, now i am re-watching it with a fresh set of eyes.

melinda, as far as i am concerned, there isn't a game that can hold a candle to FF7. the others all kinda wear me down after a bit, except for 8 and 10. haven't played 11, for the same reasons as you.

krumm, your explaination of AC is the first one i ever heard that made sense. i love the movie, but now i can say at least that i "get it".

sony has been very secretive about the FF7 remake, since it is one of their cash cows. hopefully it will happen soon, since it would push sales of the PS3.
Mister Nice
Mister Nice
Acolyte
Acolyte

Male
Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2007-09-29

http://www.fourdayweekend.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Melinda Sat 06 Oct 2007, 7:51 am

did you notice that when advent children came out all the second hand copies of 7 shot up?

i was lucky i replaced my old copy of 7 a few months before the films release

it peeved me off though as it cost me £25 to replace my copy of 8 where a few weeks before you could pick it up for a fiver

grrrrr
Melinda
Melinda
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Mar 2008, 6:02 pm

I loved it, but, I love any CGI movies being a computer buff n all

Back to top Go down

Post by snort Wed 19 Mar 2008, 3:55 pm

Boo CGI. I'm a realist and a purist in realism at that.

thpthpthp
snort
snort
Mod
Mod

Female
Number of posts : 356
Mood : Final Fantasy:Advent Children Indifferent0001
Registration date : 2007-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content