Final Anime
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brightful Festivals of Kerala

Go down

Brightful Festivals of Kerala Empty Brightful Festivals of Kerala

Post by Guest Thu 12 Jul 2007, 1:24 am

A Kerala Tourism made to coincide with these festivals will offer an experience of a lifetime. Diwali is festival that is celebrated all over the state with lights and crackers. Deepavali or Diwali means "a row of lights".
The legend behind this festival is that Narakasura, a demon, ruled the kingdom of Pradyoshapuram. Under his rule, the villagers suffered a lot of hardship. Seeing his wickedness, Lord Krishna set out to destroy the demon and the day Narakasura died was celebrated as Deepavali, the triumph of good over evil!
The Hindus usually awake early in the morning of deepavali and the first ritual will be an oil bath, which is an important feature of Deepavali. Hindus will be dressed in their new clothes on Deepavali. The houses would be decorated with oil lamps and children will play with firecrackers to celebrate the festival. On the first day, they would not go visiting but would stay at home to welcome the guests who visit them.
Deepavali may have deeper significance than what is popularly believed. At the time of the festival the sun is in the house of Thulam (Libra) which signifies commerce, and hence the association of Deepavali with merchants and the Goddess of wealth. The darkness and light symbolize ignorance and knowledge respectively.

Back to top Go down

Brightful Festivals of Kerala Empty Re: Brightful Festivals of Kerala

Post by Melinda Fri 13 Jul 2007, 7:29 am

hi thank you for that it was very informative

but i have edited your link as it sends people to a sales site

if you wish to post a link in future please pm me

if its a link to something like a cool flash game or interesting info concerning the topic of the thread i don't mind but please don't post sales links thank you
Melinda
Melinda
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2007-06-27

https://final-anime.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum